Saturday, February 18, 2012

TOP playlist





Again there is a variety of styles and again I like it a lot !
I must say - Thank you TOP , I love you more than ever haha .










1. La Mer – Nine Inch Nails 


I remember TOP said he was listening to this song before in an interview. Thumbs up for TOP !  NIN ( Nine Inch Nails ) is a particular band .  I personally like them but I have met   people who think NIN are strange , people who love them and  people who simple dislike them . I think depending on which of their songs you happen to hear you might get different impressions. NIN has experimented with many styles .  La Mer , for example  has a lot of electronic sound but  I think you would like it and if you do, give a chance to also other  another NIN’s song …




You can try another song from the same album (remember not all NIN songs sound the same – there is quite a variety) –

Nine Inch Nails - The Day the World Went Away http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDvIkqapC84

INFO - Nine Inch Nails is founded in US , in 1988 by Trent Reznor.  He is the backbone of NIN and its main producer, singer, songwriter, and instrumentalist. Reznor remains the only official member of Nine Inch Nails . When live or on a tour he assembles a live band to perform with him . Trent Reznor is a man with a powerful voice and strong personality.

http://www.nin.com/ - official page

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nine_Inch_Nails

2. Piano Man – Billy Joel 

This is very nice song! I should really get to listen to more of Billy Joel. This song can take you back to “old times” America. The melody  brings pleasant feeling and …. I love harmonica ! Classic song . ^^  Enjoy  !


INFO -  Billy Joel  (William Martin Joel ) was  born on  May 9, 1949 in the US . He is an American pianist, performer, singer-songwriter, and classical composer.  Since the  release of his first hit song, "Piano Man", in 1973, Joel has become one of the best selling recording artists in the USA .

3. November Rain – Guns N’Roses 

This is a classic . What more can I say about this song . It always remains me of one of my best friends , whose sister was a big Guns N’Roses fan and thanks to her we found ourselves listening to this in elementary school , when all other music around us was BSB and Spice Girls ( yes , we listened to that as well... )



INFO - Guns N' Roses (G N' R) are an American  band, formed in Los Angeles, California, in 1985 . The group was formed by vocalist Axl Rose, lead guitarist Slash, rhythm guitarist Izzy Stradlin, bassist Duff McKagan, and drummer Steven Adler. The band has released six studio albums, accumulating sales of more than 100 million albums worldwide.
They have been some disturbings in the band and they are no longer in their original composition.

4. Pon de Floor – Major Lazer

This is a very cool club song in my oppiniom . Great beat!  ( I totally prefer this over the Beyonce version "Run the World (Girls)" … it is just personal preference , no offence ,  Beyonce !)  Major Lazer is is a collaborative musical project from DJ/Producers Diplo and Switch.( yes the same Diplo who is responsible for GD&TOP’s Knock Out  )


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_Lazer


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diplo_(DJ)

5. Hot One – Shudder to Think 

Again change of style but we have pretty good song .
 First I though I don’t know that song but than I realized it is from Velvet Goldmine OST!  I had this before but it got lost when my old PC died, so I had forgotten about it  ( shame on me ). For me this is “making me feel good “ song .  (I need to get hold of that OST again ! )






INFO Shudder to Think is an American indie rock group , formed in 1986.The band experiment with many music styles , including pop and post-hardcore .


Do you like TOP’s playlist ? Were you familiar with the songs he chose? 




Daesung playlist

G-Dragon playlist




No comments:

Post a Comment